Our perfect customers are like us in that they are on the same life path as we are and have similar values at our core. Therefore we are uniquely qualified to serve them and they are the mostly likely candidates to become your loyal fans.
Here are some ideas to think about for your ideal customer:
- What they say
- How they treat you
- What resources they have
- What they’re seeking
- What their challenges are
This will help you IMAGINE your ideal customer more clearly.
Here are some examples what that may be:
- They are friendly, open minded, seeking new points of awareness.
- They are bold, gutsy, and ready to impact the world in a big way.
- They have a passion to share that will transform the way people think and act.
- They are fun to talk with, are inspiring.
- They are go-getters, self-starters who know how to get stuff done.
- They care deeply about others and the planet and want their business to contribute positively to the world.
What they say:
- “I’ve been following you for several years, I really like what you are doing. I know you are the perfect one to help me.”
- “I can’t believe you exist, I’ve been searching for SO long and you are a perfect match to what I’m looking for.”
How they treat me:
- They are kind, friendly, respectful and understanding
- They are flexible and yet honor my time
- They value my advice and show this by ‘doing their homework.’
- They always acknowledge the hard work I’m doing for them and how much they love the results.
What resources they have:
- They have more than enough financial resources to pay for my services
- They have knowledge and insight that helps me on my life path
- They are the hub of a large network of spiritual business women and/or conscious entrepreneurs seeking branding and design services
- They have ample energy for the project we are doing together and provide ongoing inspiration for the best results
What they’re seeking:
- They want to be able to cohesively describe their business mission and offerings
- They have a strong desire to contribute to people and the society through their business and need help attracting the right customers
- They need beautiful, inspiring brand, marketing and website designs
- They plan to attract over $100k in yearly income and build their income so that they can more easily contribute to others and the planet.
Their challenges are:
- They don’t know how to describe their business in a way that is authentic, compelling, expressive and cohesive.
- Their marketing is a poor representation of their personality, passion and purpose.
- They need marketing materials that brand them attractively online.
- They’re coming out of corporate or working for someone else and need help creating a consistent brand and applying it throughout their marketing.
Finding your Brand - What do you want to show of you?
Find a word or 3 that reflects the way you want to feel when thinking about your brand.
here are some examples:
Write down your brand words
Find your main word and up to 2 other supporting words.
If you’re stuck here, check out Daniella LaPorte’s ‘Desire Map’ - work through her workbook to solidify your 3 Core Desire Feelings for your brand.
Now let’s get to work on the look of your site!
is to start collecting images that reflect your purpose.
Get into the mood of your “word” and go online or look through magazines searching for images that resonate with you. If your word is beauty, then search for images that feel like beauty to you.
If another word or phrase inspires you, do the same thing for that word or phrase. Perhaps it’s a color, or a scene, an animal or entity of some kind that attracts you, or it could simply be a font you really like.
The images you find will help you develop the visual language for your brand, but don’t analyze too much about what you are choosing.
Just allow yourself to get into the feeling of what makes your heart sing. This is all about using your intuition and feeling nature to discover the aesthetic that represents you.
is to save your images.
Create a folder for “My Brand Board” and then go through Pinterest searching for images you like and repin them. (See my FREE Pinterest Course if you need to learn how to make a brand board on Pinterest at http://branding-you.teachable.com/p/how-to-create-your-brand-board/)
Or if you prefer google, you can right click the images you find there and save them to a folder on your computer. If you are cutting pictures from magazines, save them in a folder or scrap book so you can access them later.
These images are meant to describe or reflect your purpose so you can communicate to a designer or other partner about your aesthetic. But be careful not to use these images in your marketing unless you purchase rights to use them, or they advertise as free stock images, or they are so old as to be in the public domain (over 50 years in most cases.) Otherwise if you use them, you may be infringing on the artists’ rights.
is to collect usable imagery for your marketing. You will want to purchase imagery from stock image sites for your brand visual (ie logo or main aesthetic design) as well as for posts on your facebook page, blog and other social media pages where you connect with potential clients and express yourself. Social Media and blog posts are more attractive when they contain an image that resonates with you. Develop a collection of images that reflect your purpose so you can select the right picture for your marketing purposes. There are some great sites where you can find free or low cost images. See my Resource page.
is to get some help creating your professional brand imagery. If there’s one thing I’ve learned in designing brands is that creating a unique, evocative visual expression of an abstract idea, belief, emotion, mission or purpose is not easy.
If you are going to invest in anything for your business, what will bring you the most return for your money is a professional image that captures your essence and attracts your perfect customers.
Now go forth and Design Your Beautiful Unique Website that incorporates your vision for your brand. If you need help setting up your site and your are NOT a TECHY gal or guy, check out my Step-byStep Website in a Week self-guided online course. Self-guided means, you can probably follow the video and PDFs in this course and setup your unique personalized website in a weekend. Go Weekend Warrior! Go Forth and Make Your Brand Come Alive!
Website in a Week Online Course - ENROLL NOW!